It’s common for business users to have gigabytes of emails that are infrequently accessed but should not be erased. Products such as Symantec’s Enterprise Vault provide a mechanism for archiving messages using less expensive archival storage. While archiving systems solve this problem for desktop users, it creates another problem for mobile device users, who view their smartphones as a desktop replacement.
In many companies, an inbox quota is set on all email accounts. This limits the amount of messages that can be kept in each user’s inbox. If a user exceeds this quota, they will stop receiving email until they archive some number of messages. This presents a problem for mobile users, who can’t archive items when out of the office.
ARCviewer for BlackBerry provides a mobile application that allows users to view, archive, dearchive, and search for messages in their Enterprise Vault.
The ARCbridge module serves as an interface between the Mobile devices and Enterprise Vault. This system provides many important features
- Controls the amount of concurrent accesses made to Enterprise Vault.
- Provides the required security needed to access each account
- Interacts with email systems used during messages forwarding
Support for large deployments
ARCbridge can be deployed on numerous systems to allow the solution to scale to the largest of enterprise deployments. Contact CommonDesk for more information on this topic.
- Enterprise Vault 8, 9, 10
- BlackBerry OS v4.5-7.1, BlackBerry 10
- BlackBerry BES server 4.1,5.0 with BES MDS
- CommonDesk 360 management console
- CommonDesk ARCbridge server module